Friday, September 2, 2011

For  the past 9 months, the first Friday of  every month has been my favorite day of the month. I teach the Applique Club at Quilt in a Day and today was the 9th month in a 9 month class.

Our pattern was "Jardin de Roses" by Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool. (www.thevintagespool.com) Out of 13 students, about half of them have made it this far and one has actually finished her quilt. I was lucky enough to be chosen as the person to quilt it on my longarm machine for her and I'm sad to say I don't have a picture. Hopefully I can talk her into letting me take one soon so I can share it.

Todays class found me desperately trying to learn to operate a new little machine that makes folded bias strips. I use very small strips on intricate applique and was hoping this machine would take all the work out of making them, but alas it was not to be. After many trials and errors, we decided that it just doesn't work well for narrow strips so I gave up. Luckily I had my reciept and was able to return it. I kinda hate to mention here the actual name of the product. Don't want to get in any trouble.  I will just stick with my tried and true manual method using the Clover products that work very well.

Oh, but the most interesting thing I did today was to tape a promotional spot for the next class I am teaching called "Calendar Cuties". Orion taped me and the first run through I did really well, very smooth and didn't forget anything and he didn't have the camera on!! ACK. So, of course we had to do more takes and it went downhill (in my opinion) from there. Still and all it turned out pretty good. I just liked the first one best...Oh well. He is going to post it online soon. Again, I don't have a copy but as soon as he posts the video, I'll grab it.

No comments:

Post a Comment